Aramco Overseas Company BV (“AOC BV”) and its affiliate Aramco Overseas Company UK Ltd (“AOC UK Ltd”) (Hereafter referred to as “AOC” or “we”) respect your privacy. We strive to be clear about how we collect, use, disclose, transfer and store your Personal Information.
What Personal Information do we collect about you?
When visiting our websites the visitor may provide us with Personal Information in certain sections:
- Information you provide directly
- Vendor portal for suppliers
- New ideas and technology portal
- Supply services and supply materials
- Register to supply materials
- Application for a position
Information about your use of the website or other services we provide
Information from third party sources
We also may collect information about you from publicly and commercially available sources (as permitted by law), which we may combine with other information we collect when you visit an AOC site. This may include (but is not limited to) websites where you publically include information about yourself such as Linked-in, Twitter, job sites or from other third party sources.
How do we use your Information?
We may use Personal Information we collect to pursue our legitimate business interests, including to:
- manage our relationship with you
- prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other malicious activity, as permitted by applicable law
- provide visitor requested service
- communicate with you about our products, services and support; update you on new products and services
- answer inquiries
In addition, we may seek your consent to:
- provide personalized promotional materials
- process an application that you filed through an AOC website
- use your information for other purposes explained at the time we seek your consen
You have a right to withdraw your consent, in which case we will no longer use your information. Note that in this case, we may not be able to provide the requested service or you may not be able to benefit from all the site’s features.
To whom do we disclose your Information?
We will not disclose your information to third parties except as follows:
- Service providers - We may disclose your information to companies that provide services for or on behalf of us, such as companies that help us with the recruitment process. These entities are limited in their ability to use your information for purposes other than providing services for us. We have appropriate contractual arrangements in place with these providers to keep your information confidential.
- Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services. There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties:
- to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order);
- to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our services; and
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of AOC or Saudi Arabia Oil Company, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers.
- Other Parties in Connection With Corporate Transactions. We may disclose your information to a third party as part of a merger or transfer, or in the event of a bankruptcy.
What do we do to keep your Information secure?
We have put in place reasonable physical and technical measures to safeguard the information we collect in connection with the Services. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure.
Some of the entities with whom we share your information may be located outside of the EU, specifically in countries where the data protection laws might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. We have put in place appropriate contractual protections to keep your data confidential. You can contact us to obtain details of the relevant contracts
Rights into your Personal Information
Under EU data protection laws and subject to certain limitation therein, you have the right to request details about the Personal Information we collect on you, and to access, correct, restrict, block, erase and port this information. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical efforts or jeopardize the privacy of others. Please contact us to exercise your rights.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that we retain your Personal Information only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by any contract or by applicable laws.
Our website may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by websites or other services. You should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
You can make choices about whether to continue receiving promotional communications from us. Kindly note that each publication that has a subscription option has unsubscribe instructions.