europe.aramco.com is the European website for the following Aramco entities, including their branch offices:
- Aramco Overseas Company B.V.
- Aramco Overseas Company UK Ltd.
hereinafter separately and jointly referred to as “Aramco Europe” or “we”. We are wholly owned subsidiaries of Saudi Arabian Oil Company, hereinafter referred to as “Saudi Aramco” or “Aramco” located in Saudi Arabia, who is the owner of the domain aramco.com, making europe.aramco.com one of its sub-domains.
In respect of your personal data, Aramco Overseas Company UK Ltd. is the controller of www.europe.aramco.com.
At Aramco Europe, we respect your privacy. We strive to be clear about how we collect, use, disclose, transfer and store your Personal Data.
This Privacy Notice applies to all Personal Data that we collect about you through this website and subsequent written communications with you.
1. Scope of this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice applies to the processing of the Personal Data of our website visitors. This includes the collection of (contact) details when you browse through our website, when you fill in or download a form.
If you use our website to link to the Aramco eMarketplace in SAP Ariba, please see the Supplier Privacy Notice on that website. If you use our website to link to job applications, please see the Recruitment Privacy Notice on that website.
2. What Personal Data do we collect about you?
When you are visiting our website, we may process the following types of Personal Data:
- Contact details you provide directly to us, for instance when you fill in an online form on our website. This Personal Data may include your name, email address, telephone number and any other information included in your query.
3. Legal bases and purposes for which we process your Personal Data
We will only process your Personal Data for specific and limited purposes which are linked to the following legal bases:
- based on your consent:
- to send you marketing or other business- related communications which require consent.
- to enable us to make use of our cookies as explained in our Cookie Notice.
- to use your Personal Data for other purposes explained at the time we seek your consent.
- to comply with our legal obligations:
- to fulfill legal obligations such as maintaining appropriate business records and to comply with requests from governmental agencies, supervisory bodies or fiscal authorities and to comply with applicable law and regulation.
- for our legitimate (business) interests:
- to prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other malicious activity, as permitted by applicable law.
- to manage our relationship with you, such as by answering inquiries or requests made by you.
- to enable us to make corporate transactions, such as mergers, sales, reorganizations, transfers of our assets or business acquisitions.
4. To whom do we disclose your Personal Data?
Your Personal Data may be shared among Aramco Europe affiliates, including Saudi Aramco, to fulfill the purposes described above. Only the strictly necessary Personal Data will be shared with these entities or companies.
We will only disclose your Personal Data to third parties as follows:
- Service providers - We may disclose your Personal Data to companies that provide services for or on behalf of us, including Saudi Aramco who provides us services regarding website content management system and security functions. These entities are limited in their ability to use your Personal Data for purposes other than providing services for us. We have appropriate contractual arrangements in place with these providers to keep your Personal Data confidential.
- Other parties when required by law or as necessary to protect our services. There may be instances when we disclose your Personal Data to other parties:
- to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order);
- to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our services; and
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Aramco Europe, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers.
- Other parties in connection with corporate transactions. We may disclose your Personal Data to a third party as part of a merger or transfer, or in the event of a bankruptcy.
- Other Parties with your consent or at your direction. In addition to the disclosures described in this Privacy Notice, we may share Personal Data about you with third parties when you consent to or request such sharing.
5. International Transfers
Some of the entities with whom we share your Personal Data may be located outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). This includes countries where the data protection laws might not be as extensive as those in your country. Therefore, we have implemented appropriate contractual protections (and, where necessary, supplementary measures) to ensure that your Personal Data is afforded a level of protection which is essentially equivalent to the level of protection guaranteed within the EEA, such as entering into Standard Contractual Clauses as approved by the European Commission with recipients of your data.
You can request a copy of any documentation showing the adequate safeguards that have been taken by contacting us using the button below:
6. What do we do to keep your Personal Data secure?
We have put in place adequate organizational and technical measures to protect the Personal Data we collect against unauthorized or unlawful use or access. We take steps to limit access to your Personal Data to those individuals who need to have access for one of the purposes listed in this Privacy Notice.
7. Your rights with respect to your Personal Data
Under European Data Protection laws, you have several rights as regards the processing of your Personal Data. These rights include:
- Access your Personal Data;
- Rectify your Personal Data (to add, update or correct some of your personal data);
- Request the erasure of your Personal Data;
- Restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- Portability of your Personal Data.
When we rely on our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data. When we rely on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Note that in this case, the lawfulness of any processing prior to the withdrawal will not be affected. Moreover, we may not be able to answer to inquiries or requests, or you may not be able to benefit from all the website’s features.
To assert any of the above listed rights to your Personal Data, please contact us in writing via any of the following contact details:
Aramco Overseas Company UK Ltd.
Attn: Corporate Communications- GDPR Rights
10 Portman Square
If you believe that we violate the European Data Protection laws including the UK Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018) and UK GDPR (as incorporated into the law of the UK by the Data Protection, Privacy and Electronic Communications (Amendments etc) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019), or violate your rights, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority in the country where you live or work or where you believe your rights have been infringed.
8. Data Retention
We ensure that we retain your Personal Data not longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected (such as to provide you with an answer to your queries or requests) unless a longer period is necessary to comply with legal obligations or to defend a legal claim.
9. Third Party Links
Our website may link to third-party websites and services. As these websites or services are owned and controlled by other parties, we. are not responsible for the handling of your Personal Data and the security of your Personal Data collected through these other websites or services. We recommend you to be cautious and review the privacy statements and cookie notices applicable to the third-party websites and services you are linked to.
10. Contacting Us
If you have any specific questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights, please contact using the button below: